I don’t believe that you’re supposed to blog on an empty stomach….which became apparent to me as I compiled this list.
What’s happening in willette world right now:
- We are working VERY hard on my son’s Lego Death Star which he received as his birthday gift this year (he turned seven in June). We started it then took a break (max made a big mistake early on in the initial construction, so we started fresh yesterday. QUITE the project (but I LOVE building with legos, so it has been fun to give him some much needed one on one attention).
- Listening to the Squirrel Nut Zippers (the Perennial Favorites album). Been listening to them since college…..LOVE everything about their sound.
- I recently discovered Plum Organics baby food. Though I make most of baby girl’s food, I do keep a stash for the days that I feeling lazy or when we’re going out and I need to pack food for her.
- Totally excited to serve these meatballs with spaghetti for dinner! I would LOVE to make these from scratch, but time is a luxury these days. For those of you who DO love to cook…..i LOVE the Barefoot Contessa meatball recipe. Best ever.
- I cannot wait to start the Finding YOUR joy class! Have you signed up yet? Teaching puts me RIGHT back into my element…so awesome to share my passion with you.
- School starts in one week for us….i have a back to school post lined up this week for you guys looking for some ideas for your back to school photos.
- I recently discovered the joy of running (I started june 10 of this year, and i have only missed running my daily two miles twice since then….this is a HUGE feat for me). I didn’t start out at two miles, but worked up to it via an online free tool called 3 weeks to run 30 minutes. i’m so thankful to have found this resource….it totally encouraged and motivated me.
- To keep track of my runs, I installed an app on my phone called mapmyrun. LOVE it!
- My son dropped his iPod Touch on a ceramic floor this week. Complete and utter devastation for this little boy. We found a dude who does mobile iPod/iPad/iPhone repair…he met us up at Starbucks and after his quick repair, the iTouch is as good as new!
- AND, for those of you who have been following this blog….the sleep training has been going well….she slept in her bed for all naps AND for the past three nights! Phew…..very hard, but so glad to be nearly there!
AND…..please be sure to enter the EYES challenge that was posted Tuesday…..one lucky winner will receive a FREE spot in the Finding YOUR joy class! Next week’s challenge will be posted this Tuesday (and we have an awesome prize for one winner from minted.com). The entries are so much fun to check out….be sure to take a peek!