i’m committing myself this year to participate in Project Life by becky higgins. Though i am good about documenting the every day around our home, i want to commit to actually following through on these photos…to print them for my children to see! I’m terrible about writing down memories (though i am great at the visual documenting)….what good, however, is the visual if the kids don’t know when it was taken or who was in the photos? My awesome cousin Courtney is a great inspiration to me in the documenting department (and i promise, Court, that i’m going to write those letters to my children soon!).
soooo…..one of my 2011 projects is to participate in Project Life! this kit provides users with all the tools they need to document the everyday. i’m even joining in with a few of my friends once a month to put together our albums over coffee.
Here are some tools i’m gathering as i’m waiting to get started:
- my camera (obviously), my point and shoot camera and my camera phone
- my kids (hahaha)
- the project life album kits (i ordered one for each kid)..one in amber and one in turquoise
- the fuji mini instax camera and film (for cute, mini instant photos)
- i ordered some impossible film for my old polaroid camera (once again…just for an instant image)
- i’ll be printing all of my family photos at costco.com and picking up at our local costco (when i order prints, i make sure to turn off the “auto color correct” option.
- and i’ll be saving all of our family photos used in our project life album into a folder which, at the end of the year, i will create a shutterfly 12×12 hardbound coffee table album for each child.
- for writing on photos, i’ll be using this pen: signature photo pen
- for the other journaling, i’ll be using these pens (my fav): ek success pens
- and to organize my thoughts on dates/events throughout the year, i will be using the log your memory journal set. they will fit in my purse and will keep me super organized all year long.
i plan on storing all of these supplies in one handy location (and living in a very old house that has NO storage, this is really important), so i scored this basket at target this week. i’m going to leave it in our dining room for quick access.
and here are some GREAT bits of info on project life as shared by my awesome friend, trish!
a video on what one project life user did for 2010:
some flickr photos of project life albums: Project Life on Flickr
becky higgin’s website/blog with more info: Becky Higgins
and a tour of becky higgin’s project life as presented by her:
some resources for taking a photo a day:
- photo jojo how to take a photo a day
- ali edwards week in life flickr group
- ali edwards week in life 2010
- big picture scrapbooking has a GREAT new free project life forum
- jessica turner’s the mom creative: project life tuesday
i’ll be adding more info to this post as i receive my kit (i’m impatiently waiting until january 4th comes and my kits are delivered).
my goal is to share my weekly project life posts (but, i’m not making any promises!).
if you have any project life experiences or links, please, please, please share them below (and do be shameless if you would like to link to your own project life images/blog posts). i’m so interested in seeing what all of you do.