joytography is here…are you ready?
visit the Joytography FAQ page here for more information.
WHAT IS JOYTOGRAPHY™?
Joytography is a new, semi-annual publication ezine that highlights photograph by a variety of different skill-leveled photographers in order to inspire its readers with NEW posing ideas, photo ideas, and more.
This product is created by willette designs, llc as a collaborative inspiration guide to inspire hobbyists, professionals AND designers with beautiful photography. This product follows in the willette Portrait Cookbook posing guide series and the finding the joy™ legacies created by willette.
Photographers will submit their work following the instructions outlined below, and willette designs, llc will review, select, and compile the finished Joytography™ ezine, and release it for purchase.
The finished product will have a price point under $20, and it will be an interactive ezine format with active hyperlinks to each photographer’s website/blog/and/or flickr page. The target number of selected images will be over 200 photos.
***The grandprize winner will be the cover photo for the publication and will receive a $250 gift card (to either amazon, b&h or a prepaid visa card…winner’s choice)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING:
- Select your photo(s) for submission. (photo must not have been published before in PRINT).
- Fill out the attached forms (submission form AND release form for EACH photo submitted). On the submission form, please pay close attention to spelling of your name/business name/website. We cannot be responsible for spelling errors if submitted incorrectly.
- You can electronically fill out the submission forms and esign or print, fill out, scan then send to me (via the link listed at #6).
- To send the files, zip the photo, the submission form AND the release form into ONE folder. I would name it something unique such as your last name.
- You can submit up to three photos PER issue of JOYTOGRAPHY
- Visit this link: http://www.sendspace.com/dropbox/aj5jii to submit your files. You must have an internet connection to submit the zip file.
- Dates to submit: all submissions will be accepted until Feb 28h, 2012 at midnight. At that point, the link to submit will become inactive until the next round of submissions. Decisions on the cover artist winner will be made within a week of deadline.
- Cover winner will be notified via email. Prize will be released the date that Joytography issue is released (target date of April 1, 2012).
- All photographers whose work will be included in the publication will be notified by Feb 15th, 2012 via email of their work being accepted.
- The JOYTOGRAPHY release date is scheduled for April 1, 2012.
WHAT CAN BE SUBMITTED?
- Any photo that was taken by YOU that fits the following categories:
- Posed portrait
- Holiday (this should be “spring” time related)
- Photo must not be offensive in nature
- Photo must not have been previously published in print
- Release (attached to this document) must be filled out and sent in with photo in a zip folder as outlined in the instructions above
TIPS FOR SECURING A SPOT IN JOYTOGRAPHY
- Photo must fit the categories listed:
- Posed portrait
- Photo must be interesting in nature…unique and inspiring.
- Photo must have good lighting, exposure, composition and must be clear/sharp in focus.
- Helpful hints included on the submission form space provided will be favored/ appreciated. These tips will be included with your photo in print (along with your webaddress/url)
- Willette designs, llc will decide what photos will be published in Joytography. Those who submit photos that are NOT selected to be in this publication will not receive notice…they are encouraged to submit again to future Joytography publications. Photo reviews are not currently offered with submissions.
IF YOUR PHOTO IS SELECTED TO BE PUBLISHED IN JOYTOGRAPHY
- You will be notified via email around March 1st.
- You will be able to put a blog badge on your blog indicated that you are a featured photographer.
- Any photographer who has a blog/website will have the ability to sign up to be an affiliate seller of Joytography™ – with the ability to earn commission on EACH sale made. Details for this will be released on my blog (www.willettedesigns.com) closer to the target publishing date of April 1, 2012.
- All who are selected will also receive credit within the publication and on willette’s site as a contributing Joytography™ photographer.
JOYTOGRAPHY & WILLETTE DESIGNS STATS
- Willette Designs has a facebook following of approximately 10,000 users.
- Willette Designs has a current mailing list (as of 02/2012) of over 19,000 unique email addresses.
- The price point for JOYTOGRAPHY will be under $20 and is slated to include over 200 unique posing/inspiration ideas for its readers.
- The URL for Joytography is: http://joytography.net/ . This link is part of the www.willettedesigns.com website.
- Subsequent issues of JOYTOGRAPHY will contain ad space. If you are interested in submitting an ad in later issues of this publication, please contact kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joytography will be published quarterly with a target publish date of: April 2012, July 2012, October 2012 and Winter 2013.
what are you waiting for? start picking out your favorite images to submit to the premier issue of Joytography – and who knows….you may be the cover winner of the $250 prize!