Kelly’s background in education and photography make these workshops the perfect marriage of kelly’s interests.
1. The Keepin’ it Real Workshop
this workshop is for people serious about starting or growing their children’s photography workshop.
TO REGISTER FOR THE WORKSHOP, PLEASE VISIT HERE
The next date for the workshop will be october 9 & 10, 2010 in historic Norfolk, Virginia (all day sat and Sunday morning) at the beautiful, Historic Taylor-Whittle House (circa 1810) on Freemason Street in Downtown Norfolk. GORGEOUS natural light here…should be awesome!
Some meals will be included while we are at the workshop (Saturday coffee/pastries and lunch, and Sunday coffee/pastries). I will have goody bags from photo product vendors, along with a copy of my posing guide for children, posing guide for siblings AND my soon-to-be released “How to actually make quick money with your camera guide.”
Models will also be here for you to practice on – in a wide variety of stages/ages. You will also be receiving a workbook, a CD of my lightroom presets and photoshop actions….just to help you see what I do. I’ll also include my model release forms, list of vendors that I use, etc. I will also have at least one, possibly two assistants at the workshop to assist us with any help we may need.
Plus, you will see how I went from being a stay at home mom three years ago, to having a successful children’s photography business. I went from changing diapers to being one of Hampton Roads 2008 Top 40 Under 40 Business Owners and voted best Norfolk photographer by Nickelodeon Parent’s Choice Awards for 2009. It is not rocket science…and as you all know, I was a teacher in my former career. I have a passion for what I do, and I know I can teach you how to set up a business from start to finish and how to master photographing children.
The cost for the workshop is $700. It is first come (first pay), first serve. I am limiting it to 10 attendees, just to offer the one on one that is necessary. This fee is an amazing bargain considering that you will learn all that I know and be able to open your own studio ASAP! Payment is accepted on-line via paypal (and using credit cards).
Hope you can make it…..you know it is going to be fun, fun, fun!!!! I seriously do LOVE what I do, and I have a BLAST teaching!
Topics covered include:
1. How to photograph like I do (I’ll share my tricks and how I mastered shooting manually in natural light locations
2. How to pick locations for photo shoots
3. How to deal with children at all stages
4. An introduction to studio lighting – to help expand your business (I’ll have equipment set up for you to practice with)
5. Marketing your business (this is actually my strength)
6. How to set up your business the right way – what you will really need (and what you won’t need)
7. Dealing with clients
8. Photoshop/lightroom techniques
9. Vendors that are helpful
10. Watch me photograph and proof a session
11. How to keep your business going strong
12. Pricing and products you can offer
13. Partnering with local businesses to further your client list
14. And much more…..i’ll be available for questions and answers
15. Plus, you are welcome to try my lenses and equipment (I’m a Nikon user…just so you know)
16. And the workbook will include a written account of everything I cover.
Email me with questions….or if you’re interested in signing up. Once again, first come, first serve ( I know a couple of you have already signed up and paid, so don’t worry…I haven’t forgotten that you’re already signed up ). If you cannot attend the workshop, but are interested in learning more about what I can teach, I will be selling the workshop and files that I am handing out at the workshop after the workshop to persons interested. Email me for more information on this.