it is a GORGEOUS weekend here in Virginia! one week of school under our belt….i feel like a changed woman with only one child at home during the day now.
here is this week’s willette 10 spot:
1. just scored this AWESOME vintage camera on ebay (for $9!!!). I’ll be kickin’ it old school here in a few days once it arrives!
credit for this photo goes to John Kratz on flickr.
2. Pulled out an old favorite CD yesterday. Whiskeytown’s album Strangers Almanac. I first started listening to this around the same time i met my husband (cannot believe that we’ve been seeing each other for 13 years/married for over 11…our first date was august 27, 1997 at O’Sullivan’s Wharf in Norfolk!).
3. i’m ALL over weather.com tracking all the hurricanes and tropical storms in the Atlantic. Yes, HUGE weather nut here. We may get a little (weather) action next weekend!!!!
4. i pulled out my 85mm 1.4 lens this week for a session and to take some photos of baby girl….ummmm…..i’m in love with it. forgot what a great lens this is. i just wish it weren’t so heavy! Here are a few i snapped yesterday (the highchair was facing the window so the baby faced the light source or she was at a 45 degree angle from the light depending on the direction she faced…and yes, i purposefully positioned my highchair to be next to the window….i am beginning to regret this as she is learning to fling food onto the shantung silk drapes).
5. I’m really excited about what angie warren has up her sleeve with her FLY photography class. Sign up for more details. sounds like just the kick in the pants i need!!!!!
6. Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 3 premiers September 17, 2010, for all you star wars mommas. We’re thinking about hosting a little premier party for max and a few of his buddies. Here are some star wars premier party ideas and some cool free downloads for your party.
7. i struggle daily with clutter. so i welcome ANY resources and tools to help me conquer this problem. i recently was excited to learn about this organizing your way blog.
8. I’ll be printing all of my photos for the month of august the beginning of next week…then will be placing them in albums.
9. Did you know that you can get an email in your inbox that will update you to all the sweet new willette blog posts? all you have to do is enter your enter your email address here. you’ll never have to wonder when/if i update my blog. Or, you can subscribe via RSS.
10. i’ll be taking the next week off (for the most part) from the blog as i enjoy my time with baby girl and as i get ready for finding YOUR joy. have you signed up yet???? the joy begins september 7th!!!!!